Forum Home  »  Piercing  »  Questions & Answers   »  navel piercing
navel piercing

mya
Posted: 4/3/2017 9:44:21 PM     
i was looking into getting my belly button pierced and bought rings and was going to do it myself but it wasn't working so now my belly button is fully healed and i was wondering what the age would be to get it done professionally?

WEM Kiosk
Posted: 4/4/2017 9:40:03 AM     
Shops have different age limits. Some won't do anything under 18, unless with parental consent. But many will do it if you are 16 or older, long as you have valid ID.
From experience I would recommend waiting until you are 16. I had mine done professionally at 14 (with my parents consent) and once I finished growing it didn't look like it was in the correct spot anymore due to a growth spurt. Whereas I still have the lower navel piercing I had also professionally done at 16, and it looks healthy and happy still 16 years later. A few years may seem like forever now, but later on you will be glad you waited.
-Megan

Marlee (Centre Mall)
Posted: 4/6/2017 4:27:16 PM     
In addition to waiting because of shops piercing ages, I also recommend thinking through any activities or sports you're currently involved in, or will be picking up again in the next 6ish months following your piercing. Anything that can be full contact (soccer, football, basketball, etc.), or is in chlorine should be avoided for the first three months from my own personal experience.

It's worth waiting. The experiences you'll have with team mates only come once, the piercing can happen any other time. I know how eternal those few years seem, but they're worth it on the long run.
-Kaitlin

To reply to this post, please sign-inor registerfor an account.