Forum Home  »  Tattooing  »  Questions & Answers   »  Tattoo Questions
Tattoo Questions

bberesnak
Posted: 5/16/2017 5:43:06 PM     
Hello,

I am graduating in a few weeks and my father promised me a tattoo if I did enough research about it and found out where the best place quality/hygiene wise.

I've got an idea of what I'd like, it's a lilac with its stem and leaves.

Where would be the best/cleanest place in Edmonton to get that done?

I know very little about tattoos, so any information you can provide helps.

Thanks,
B

Market Mall CULTure
Posted: 5/16/2017 6:04:09 PM     
That's wonderful and exciting! Lilacs are one of my favourite flowers, too.
Unfortunately I'm Calgarian so I don't know a lot of Edmonton shops. Just some general care tips though!
Make sure to have a meal before getting a tattoo to keep your blood sugar normal! Get a non-scented soap to wash your tattoo with, as well as non-scented lotion to moisturize. Your artist will give you details on how often to wash and moisturize. My go to holy grail is ultrabalm from Lush, I've healed my last three tattoos with it and it works amazingly. I hope you get some good suggestions for artists! <3
-Britt

WEM Kiosk
Posted: 5/17/2017 9:26:42 AM     
For shops in Edmonton, there are soooooooo many clean shops with very talented artists. Many shops will book from a few weeks to many, many months in advance so it is good to start looking at portfolios of all the artists that you are considering now. It's easiest to find their portfolios on their website and/or social media pages. And although the shops cleanliness is super important, finding the right artist for the piece is also important.
Here is just a few of the shops I have been tattooed at or want to be. Eye of the Lotus, Atomic Zombie, Ritualistics, Crimson Empire, Fountainhead Tattoo, Capital Tattoo, Lucky Strike, At Needlepoint. And this just a small number of shops in Edmonton.
And for aftercare, I always suggest following their instructions over anything else. But generally they will recommend what Britt suggested (gentle unscented soap & gentle unscented lotion). And remember to contact the artist if you have any concerns during healing, and not google/friends.
Good luck with your first tattoo. I love lilacs too, and am going to be getting a large chest piece of them.
-Megan

St. Vital (Winnipeg)
Posted: 5/17/2017 12:42:18 PM     
Any artist worth their salt would be happy to meet with you and your dad! I bet once you find the artist, if you booked a consult and had your dad come with, the artist would likely be super stoked that you wanted your dad involved, and your dad would probably be touched that you wanted him there!

- Nina

Alex Smith
Posted: 6/18/2017 7:09:23 AM     
Wow, lilac is really a wonderful idea! It's so delicate and innocent. A friend of mine has a lilic tattoo on her forearm and it looks amazing. In the past lilacs were supposed to be some vulgar symbols, but now it doesn't have this meaning anymore.

I like the look of flower tats. For girls it's just the right choice. Like here you can find a looot of them: tattoozza.com/flower-tattoos

To reply to this post, please sign-inor registerfor an account.