Forum Home  »  Hangin' Out  »  The In-Betweens   »  Double Flares :(
Double Flares :(

Thereysa (Metro)
Posted: 2/17/2013 3:40:25 PM     
So, I have tones and tones of double flared plugs, the ones I have the most problems with is stone! (Then again I think that's all I have that the double flare is a 00g) I'm at a 0g and the double flares are usually at a 00g.. :'(

I've tried lubricating my ears and massaging my ears and doing it in the shower... I even tried stretching to a 00g but it just seems like it doesn't want to stretch? I have put them in before but then I can't get them out for a week :( Anyone knows any other ideas that I haven't tried yet??

Why does the double flare has to be so big?? Help??

Chloe (st. vital)
Posted: 3/3/2013 1:33:20 PM     
Hey Theresya!

Have you measured the size of the flare? Sometimes they're a little bigger or whatever! I guess it just depends!

Have you tried putting them in on an angle? Also Tanisha once said that the Holey Butt'r works wonders on getting flares in (and I believe that she has troubles getting flares in too!)

Generally, flares get easier the bigger you go, but I always had troubles at 0g

-
Posted: 3/6/2013 5:22:11 PM     
Try a layer or two of teflon tape on the smaller size jewelry. the stretch between 0 and 00 is your first 2mm-in-one-go stretch so you gotta be really patient. It's worth the wait though =]

Lauren (Bay Centre)
Posted: 3/6/2013 5:46:30 PM     
I found that when I first stretch my ears it takes awhile for them to heal enough to be able to get flares in. If they're a fresh stretch you might just have to wait until they're fully healed and able to stretch around a flare. Try wearing heavier jewellery for awhile to stretch them out gently. The flare is big because that's the only way to keep them in! :)

Sarawr (Cornwall)
Posted: 3/7/2013 7:46:03 AM     
The flares on my 0g Jawbreakers are just over 00g. So irritating because I sized up because we had them in 0g and they still don't fit. Holey Butt'r helped to almost get them in, but still no luck.

Thereysa (Metro)
Posted: 4/22/2013 11:31:49 PM     
Thanks guys! I got it in one day after shower and just pushing it in. It hurt a lot but it was worth it! I still can't get the bigger flares in, it's around 00g for the flares. I've had this for a couple of years now but the double flare stone plugs just don't like me!

To reply to this post, please sign-inor registerfor an account.